In 1952 MATTHIAS BERNHART AND LUISE BLAAS BUILT THE INN GASTHOF SANDMÜHLE WITH 4 GUEST ROOMS IN THE HAMLET OF CAMPO TURES (SAND IN GERMAN).
It was a typical country inn
whose cuisine was known for its good honest traditional dishes. In the 1960s the first large annex was added and the inn became a guesthouse/B&B hotel with approx. 30 beds. At the end of the 1970s the guesthouse already had an indoor swimming pool. When Karl Bernhart and his wife Christine
took over the guesthouse the number of beds was increased to 65.